Pre Workout Meal
A BIG BLUNDER!! Starting the training without a pre workout meal, this results in decreased energy levels and intensity prior and during the workout, respectively. 9 Fascinating Health Benefits of Flax Seeds
A healthy and complete meal before workout will not only ensure a productive and intense workout but also helps you to manage your calories efficiently. How To Improve Digestion? The Perfect Guide 101
This blog will provide you in-depth knowledge about pre-workout meal while answering your FAQs like what to have in the pre-workout meal, how much gap should be between the meal and the workout, etc. 8 Incredible Quad Exercises To Build Beefy Legs
Now, WHAT IS A HEALTHY AND COMPLETE PRE WORKOUT MEAL? It mainly consists and focuses on the following 3 macronutrients:
Pre Workout Food Options
Many people face difficulty in figuring out what to have as a pre-workout meal, so here are some options which are healthy, delicious and easy-to-make:
(1) Home-made Protein Shakes:-
- 1 glass milk
- 1 tbsp honey+
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop whey protein (optional)
- 4-5 dry fruits like almonds, dates, etc (optional)
(2) Rice cake, Banana and Peanut Butter
(3) Bread, Butter and Eggs (Eggs can be in the form of boiled eggs, omelette or whichever way you like it)
(4) Paneer Sandwich
(5) Milk and Bread
- 40-50 gm rolled oats
- 1 glass of warm milk
- 1 tbsp honey, any natural sweetener
- 1 banana
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- A handful of berries (optional)
(7) Mung Dal/Mung Bean/Green Gram Dosa
(8) Besan/Gram flour Chilla
You can go for different and unlimited options other than the above mentioned pre-workout meal items. But always ensure to have adequate amounts of healthy carbs, protein and fats in it.
Pre Workout Meal Time
When you eat is equally crucial as how and what you eat. It is extremely essential to consume the pre-workout meal at a considerable gap prior to the workout to ensure its maximum absorption in the body. Top 5 Incredible Benefits of Ashwagandha
You will notice many gym-going people chewing something just before entering the gym. This is a massive mistake, as the food needs some time to get digested and provide energy to the body. Top 5 Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Having the food just prior to the workout will not only create inconvenience during the workout but also the food will not be digested properly due to your body’s blood flow. 10 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Yoga
So, the time requirement for the digestion of the food varies and depends on the amount of the food you ingested and other factors also. But in a nutshell:
1) Ensure a gap of 45 minutes to 1 hour between your pre-workout meal and your workout if you consumed a light meal.
2) And adopt a gap of 2 hours between the pre-workout meal and workout if the meal consumed was heavy.
These are some important points which one should also keep in mind and play a vital role in overall well-being and optimal workout:
1. Always opt for healthy sources of macronutrients like wheat, rice, sweet potato for carbs; soy, chickpea, chicken for protein and dry fruits like almonds, cold-pressed oils like coconut oil for fats.
2. Stay hydrated. Do not forget your muscles are approximately 76% water.
3. Do incorporate fiber in your diet to strengthen your digestive system.
4. Have at least 1-2 seasonal, ripened and local fruits in your diet on a daily basis.
Incorporating a well-balanced and healthy pre-workout meal prior to the workout ensures an astounding and intense workout.
After reading this blog, it is very easy to figure the timing, amount and variety of pre-workout meal options. 35 Fiber Rich Foods: Vegetables, Fruits, Legumes and Many More